8/07/2007

Update

We finally have her now. We met the director and nanny at a hotel called Civil Affairs Hotel. She was dressed in a pink shorts and top outfit. She is so big. She won't be in 18 months clothes long. She came to me the first time without crying, but that didn't last long. She really cried for her nanny. The nanny had to hide so Kendyl couldn't see her. It was just heart breaking how her world was being turned upside down. Kendyl has nice plump thighs. She has been fed well, but her torso is weak. After sitting up a few minutes, she will start to lean or slump. When you carry her, it feels like she is twice her size because she doesn't carry any of her own weight. It won't take long at all for her to strengthen. I don't think she is walking yet. She allowed us to stand her on her own in front of a mirror this morning, but she didn't venture anywhere. She enjoyed looking at herself and patting the mirror. We have had some slight grins, but nothing too big yet. We could definitely see a difference in her this morning when she woke up. Her eyes weren't as scared. My prayers have been answered. She is definitely a Papa's girl. She prefers him to me and will cry sometimes when I take her. Good thing I'm not sensitive.

She was exhausted last night, but wouldn't lay down. Bruce got her asleep while sitting up leaning on his legs. She would cry if we laid her down. So, she slept with us. We'll give her until the States, but then we will have to lay the law down. Hopefully, Josie being in the same room will help.

This morning we just ran around doing our final paperwork then made a trip to Walmart. Bought a stroller, but not sure if she will ever sit in it. She is sleeping now with two fingers stuck in her mouth. The orphanage has cut her hair, so not sure how long it should be. I can't imagine how hot it must be in the orphanage. I had sent a care package about 3 months ago with 2 disposable cameras. They took pictures. We dropped the cameras off to have them developed. I can't wait to see them. I hope they took pictures of the orphanage itself. It is 3 hours away. It would be nice to have pictures without going there.

Wednesday and Thursday we will do a little sightseeing. Nothing compared to the whirlwind schedule of Josie's trip. Later this evening we are going to walk to the People's Park behind our hotel.

I just can't wait to get her home and to have my family back together.

Love to all.
Jackie

1 comment:

Eric Schansberg said...

a papa's girl...does that make up for Josie! ;-)

glad to hear things are going so well...she's beautiful and we look forward to see you/her soon!

love, eric and tonia