8/08/2007

Thank God for Poopy Diapers


Jackie here:

It is Wednesday evening and good news, Kendyl has had 2 poopy diapers. Now the bad news. She hasn't eaten or drank anything since breakfast. We took her down to breakfast w/o giving her a bottle hoping she would eat some regular food. That didn't work. She turned her head at anything that came her way. She drank her bottle at breakfast, but has refused bottles and anything else since. She seems to have a slight fever. Please continue to pray she will eat and drink regularly . She has cold in one of her eyes. It has a little gooey stuff. Pray this doesn't develop into anything.

It is hard not to compare Kendyl to Josie. By this time, Josie was smiling and laughing. Kendyl is very reserved and cautious. This may be due to the situation or it could be her personality. If her personality, her siblings are going to run circles around her and she will probably stand there screaming. I think she just still needs time, patience and love.
Jackie

Bruce here:

Today our adoption guide, Mary, took us to a large park in Nanning called Green Hill Park. One of the big attractions here was approx. 100' tower (also called a pagoda) on top of a hill over looking the city. Jackie wanted pictures from the top of it but we couldn't carry the stroller up all those stairs and I was complaining of being too weary to walk to the top by myself. So, after much discussion, I went into the tower. I found a little Chinese boy and offered him 10 cents to climb to the top and take the photos for me (the little guy was asking for 15 but when I started to walk away he came down to10). Just kidding! I climbed to the top and snapped the pictures.

The people driving downtown on mopeds and bicycles are really something to see. You often see a family all riding on just one. If they have a toddler, no child seat necessary, he merely stands up right in the very front and of course w/ no helmet! Mom rides on the back "side-saddle". I can't wait to get home and try all this out ourselves! (Just kidding, Heidi)

We went to the pool this afternoon. Kendyl was too scared to put her feet in. Personally I think she was frightened of the man wearing the Speedos... I know I was!

Ordered Pizza Hut in the room tonight. The food was surprisingly normal. Although, no sauce came on it. Guess that's considered an extra topping here. Also, you have to hire a taxi for the delivery guy.

We decided to stay in tonight since it is so hot outside. We didn't want to add factors in Kendyl dehydrating. She has been very weepy today. Surprisingly, she did have a wet diaper tonight. (Maybe too much information, but we need specific prayers) If she isn't taking a bottle in the morning, we will go to a doctor or hospital. No liquids or food for 24 hours isn't a good thing for a little girl. Pray all will be well when we wake up.

.....WAIT.....STOP THE PRESS............

As I'm getting ready to hit send, I turn around and Bruce has gotten her to take her bottle. PRAISE THE LORD!!!
He is so watching out for us and Kendyl Shea.


All for now.
Bruce and Jackie

2 comments:

The Braun's said...

We are so happy for you and she is beautiful! We look forward to your updates everyday!! You are in our prayers! Love, The Braun's

The Palmers said...

Good Morning, or rather, Good evening to you. Praise God that she took a bottle. She is absolutely beautiful! We are so excited to be able to spend time with Jaden and Camden today and we are so looking forward to seeing Josie. Erin and I are planning on taking the kids swimming at Tammy's . The kids are just doing awesome. We miss you and are ready to see the entirety of the Hardesty House. Thank you for the blessing of being able to spend time with your children. We love you.