8/07/2007

Settling In


Since Walmart was close by, we decided to walk there and eat at McDonald's. I wonder what everyone looks at if there aren't a couple of pale, big nosed Americans pushing a stroller around. They say there are a lot of adoptions that come out of this province, so I wonder why they look at us like we are aliens. Actually, most people have a smile on their face. They know Kendyl is getting a new life.

After enjoying a Big Mac and fries, we walked around the department store. It had several floors of very nice things. I would love to have tried some dresses on, but I was afraid an XL wouldn't fit. They are such small framed people. We walked in an electronic department store and you wouldn't believe the selection on cell phones.

Kendyl actually enjoyed the walk. I let her cry a few minutes in the stroller and then she decided it wasn't that bad. She is still only drinking a bottle. Turns her head when food is offered. Hey China Family, did any of your girls do this? I don't remember this being the case. No bowel movement either. Please pray she will settle in to eating.

At breakfast this morning, we saw several other families with their children. There is a group of about 4 families from Finland. One American couple got a 6 year old and another got 3 yr old twins.

Kendyl is asleep in her little crib. Like the stroller, she cried a few minutes and then was fine.

I'm going to bed now. The only choices on TV is a badminton competition or really really bad movie on HBO.

Good Night.
Jackie

2 comments:

Renee McGIll said...

asJackie and Bruce: she is sooo precious!!! I know you feel so blessed. I don't think I would worry about the eating as long as she is drinking. Johana survived a few days on tootsie rolls and coke! I know she will grow more attached to you all every day. you guys are hysterical "pale, big nosed Americans"...very funny!!
I just join with you in praying for her to begin to eat and sleep well and for a safe return home...what a reunion. would love to see how they all react to her. wonder what Josie will think? God Bless you as you continue this journey. love, Renee

Nadia said...

Hi Jackie,

Elizabeth ate like a horse but she did REALLY like finger food. We would scoop stuff in while she toyed with Cheerios. I wonder what would happen if you gave Kendyl a few things to try while you are eating just to supplement the bottle...

The pictures are awesome. Thank you for posting them! How gorgeous is she? : )

It was Elizabeth's turn to pray at dinner tonight... "Dear God, bless Josie's new sister. Amen!"

We love you all!

nadia