JACKIE HERE.....
We are now in Kendyl's town.....Nanning, Guangxi. It is beautiful. From the airplane it looked very green and flat with big huge rocks sticking up here and there, but it was actually rolling hills. The sun is bright and skies are blue..........but very very hot. Our view from the hotel room is the hotel pool. It is huge and very crowded at 8pm.
Hopefully, we will be able to post pictures when we get Kendyl. We have had trouble with our video and digital camera. We purchased disposable cameras tonight.
This trip is very different from my first China trip. We are now on our own. The other 4 couples have gone to their individual province. It is strange not meeting up with 8 other families to go everywhere. I miss my China Family from trip #1. Tomorrow at 3pm we will leave to get Kendyl. We will have a good amount of time to ask the orphanage director questions. The orphanage is 3 hours away. Not sure yet if we will visit.
Not much to write about today. Tomorrow is the BIG GOTCHA DAY !!!
Love to all.
Jackie


2 comments:
Jackie,
We miss you too! We just cannot wait to hear from you every single day... I check the computer again and again for word and tomorrow I will be so anxious to hear how she is... and yet you will likely not have much time (or energy!) to post! We are praying for all of you a lot and hope that you are feeling that on the other side of the world.
If you have the opportunity to travel the three hours to the orphanage, I would SO GO! Our day in YuanJiang was so important... not only for Elizabeth but for Mark and I too... We hold the memories of her first home deep in our hearts and have them to give back to her when the time comes. The pictures, the experience,the sights and sounds and smells are all so important and so real to us. I know you know this too... but I also know it is not always possible.
Sleep well, both of you! And tomorrow, hug that new little one for all her China family to be...
Much love,
nadia
Jackie and Bruce,
We are excited for your big day, which should be starting about now in China! Guangxi is a beautiful province, but more importantly, home to a beautiful girl named Kendyl!
Blessings,
Kimber
Post a Comment